Hi, I’m Andy
I work to improve the water, sanitation and hygiene situation in the world. I teach industry experts how to build a professional online presence and I help companies, schools and non-profits grow their brand through podcasting.
Previously I co-founded the sanitation social enterprise Clean Team in collaboration with Unilever and led a safe drinking water programme that reached 4.9 million people in East Africa.
This site hosts all my writing on personal growth and productivity. You can check out all my podcast episodes on social enterprise here.
I send an occasional email called ‘Finding your Impact‘ which is aimed at helping people do work they love and makes a positive impact on the world.
First time to the site? Start here
- I live in Norwich in the UK with my wife and 3 kids.
- I’ve worked for nearly 20 years in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector, of which 2 years was spent in India and 5 in Kenya.
- I graduated with a Masters in Engineering from University of Exeter (’94-’98) and a Masters in Community Water Supply and Sanitation from Cranfield University (’02-’03).
- From 2000-2003 I worked in the very new online media industry in London as an agency digital marketing project manager.
- I have published over 100 episodes on The Finding Impact Podcast but my current creative outlet is my occasional newsletter and this blog.
- I helped my father run a luxury mobile toilet business for several years before co-founding an innovative household toilet business in Ghana called Clean Team (which makes me a 2nd generation toilet entrepreneur!)
From my blog
Subscribe to the Finding Your Impact newsletter
I send an occasional email with musings and links to articles linked to making a positive impact in this world. There’s something for everyone in there. You can unsubscribe at any time.